Let it roll

Let it roll

Thursday, February 12, 2015

How Prestigous?

It is not uncommon for me to launch contests, but I have never done so through the blog. This time, I'm shelling out for some really nice dice prizes! Interested? Keep reading...
I have been researching Prestige classes recently, and considering why players decide to take them. I am particularly fond of the niche they provide players. I am currently designing a 15-session campaign where players will not level, and must choose a prestige class. Curious about designing them myself, I feel the need to be inspired. So, that leads me to the contest.

The Rules:

Design a Prestige Class by March 1, 2015, and place it as a reply to this post.
It must include name and lore/ flavor text; pre-reqs; HD, BAB, Saves, proficiencies, etc.; leveling benefits (abilities, spell progression, etc.); and must be a 5-level progression [the Prestige class only lasts 5 levels]. Do not include art. The prestige class must be your own design. You will only get one post/ one entry. You may not edit your post. What I'm looking for is uniqueness and balance.

I will choose my three favorites. Everyone will receive a die from me for participating (haven't chosen one yet), but the top 3 will receive some specialty, 3-D printed metal dice. Here they are:

First Place: Steel Twisty Spindle Dice Set (includes 6 dice/ an $82 set)

http://www.shapeways.com/product/8URJ35P3U/twisty-spindle-dice-set?li=user-profile&optionId=43294194

Second Place: Steel Sputnik d20  (a $19 - $23 die)
http://www.shapeways.com/product/TKT36XXD4/sputnik-die20?li=user-profile&optionId=41593844

Third Place: Stainless Steel Jack d6 (design inspired by the children's game, a $13 die)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment